nomorecrackpipes

Cripes

• Prophet
  • 7,050 posts
  • Interests:Unending projects.

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:17 AM

View Postttocs, on 05 May 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

BRY is the internet's best kept secret.

BRY is like baseball - it's there when you need it, but never top of mind. Unless you're a full-time proponent of Cleveland professional teams.

#17 rolub

rolub

better have my donuts

• Richard Simmons
  • 19,706 posts
  • Location:the sweet part of the city, the parts with the bars and restaurants
  • Interests:-being quiet on trips
    -clapping along
    -diabetes

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:18 PM

View Postnomorecrackpipes, on 05 May 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

View Postttocs, on 05 May 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

BRY is the internet's best kept secret.

BRY is like baseball - it's there when you need it, but never top of mind. Unless you're a full-time proponent of Cleveland professional teams.
Magic number is 136.

go TIRBE

#18 nanook599

nanook599

Lost in a haze of alcohol soft middle age

• God
  • 7,956 posts
  • Interests:Looking for ways to upset rolub.

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:58 AM

View Postmam1680, on 05 May 2017 - 07:15 AM, said:

View Postgolfjam, on 04 May 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

View Postrolub, on 03 May 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

View Postnanook599, on 02 May 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

I'll throw in $10.  What's your PayPal?

i see you nook.
dead mouse count since 2009?

Based on "active" users, posting at least once a month, how many people are still around? 10, at best?

I'd like to think of it in terms of cream rising to the surface and less like "floaters."

#19 mam1680

mam1680

Face For Radio

• Moderators
  • 18,425 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy sunset beach walks, long drives thru the countryside, and the smell of gasoline in the summertime!!!

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:49 AM

View Postnanook599, on 06 May 2017 - 09:58 AM, said:

View Postmam1680, on 05 May 2017 - 07:15 AM, said:

View Postgolfjam, on 04 May 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

View Postrolub, on 03 May 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

View Postnanook599, on 02 May 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

I'll throw in $10.  What's your PayPal?

i see you nook.
dead mouse count since 2009?

Based on "active" users, posting at least once a month, how many people are still around? 10, at best?

I'd like to think of it in terms of cream rising to the surface and less like "floaters."

you can put a bow tie on a pig...

#20 spacedvest

spacedvest

Spermomondalogo No More

• Administrators
  • 18,173 posts
  • Interests:Music, Football, Gaming

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:16 PM

Oh my gosh, I was wondering what was happening. Thank you guys for renewing this.

I guess I should say what is going on with me. I have been going through some really hard times. I am now heavily depressed for about 2 years now, and for some reason I thought of BRY today. I have been married almost 20 years, with 5 kids, and I am currently separated, living by myself, and I think will get divorced next year. I have tried and tried to save my marriage, but it really does not look good.

To further explain, my wife and I both have hurt each other in ways through the course of the marriage, which I think is both normal but still not really should be acceptable. The problem though generally is I guess is it got to the point where we were arguing about the same shit again and again, that for me it got so frustrating that I let my anger show more than I definitely should have let it. Moving to DC, dealing with 4-hour commutes, my wife starting to work, and our kids getting older, the stress was incredible sometimes. But regardless, this vicious circle kind of continued slowly until about a year and a half ago, when it is like Mrs. Spacedvest changed on me and gave up on our marriage. Sometimes there is a glimmer of hope that maybe we can work it out, but most of the time it is kind of obvious to most people to just give it up. However, I am not ashamed to admit that I deeply love her, and I would do anything still to fix this. So maybe there can be a happy ending, but realistically saying, it doesn't look good.

Anyway, on maybe the bright side, I have much more free time now. My head and my heart are (at least today) not into overhauling this website, but maybe it would help me if I took this project on like I once did. I think either I need to do it, or maybe just let this go.

#21 NaiS

NaiS

Put on your red fur coat baby, 'cause it's 1973

• Drunk
  • 12,813 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:12 PM

Allen, logging in here per a recommendation. in any other situation, i'd say it's great to hear from you. It's unfortunate you have to work through all this, but perhaps a fresh start will do you all well and could lead to long-term repair.  

#22 NaiS

NaiS

Put on your red fur coat baby, 'cause it's 1973

• Drunk
  • 12,813 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:12 PM

#23 EvanG42570

EvanG42570

Collector

• Administrators
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:35 AM

Sorry to hear that, Allen.

I was able to renew the domain for another 12 months, but I'd be happy to take the reins if you don't have the time to deal with this.

Shoot me a PM and we can talk further.

Wishing you well.

Evan

#24 golfjam

golfjam

YOUKNOWYOUKNOW YOUKNOWYOUKNOW

• Richard Simmons
  • 13,577 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:35 PM

hate to hear this Allen.....wish you the best.....and football is not far away....so that's good

#25 pjammer

pjammer

Junkie

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • Interests:PJ, Stones, N.Young, Bruce, Foo, Dylan, 7M3, HOCKEY!

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:12 PM

Allen, sorry to hear of the troubling times in your personal life. Hopefully you will be happy and content once again soon.

I went years without visiting this site, which I used to practically live on. Had some great times on here. A big thank you to all of you who have kept it alive and paid the bills. Glad to see a few of the old faces still lurking around. Posted Image

#26 Chef Ferrari

Chef Ferrari

Enjoying it

• Drunk
  • 10,863 posts
  • Interests:Sex Drugs rock n roll

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:03 PM

Hope things work out for you Allen we all still love this place and all the hard work you did for it/us.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users