32 replies to this topic

#1 spacedvest

spacedvest

Spermomondalogo No More

• Administrators
  • 18,162 posts
  • Interests:Music, Football, Gaming

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

Hello, I was wondering if there was anyone who would be interested in occassionally writing music reviews for the site? It could be old or new releases, and the only requirements that I would like to have is that the reviewer is passionate about music and they can write fairly well.

I could maybe do some and see if this is something that some other people would be interested in helping out with. Your work will be completely be your own, and BRY would stand behind your review.

Maybe if there is enough interest and enough people doing it, we could publish like one a week. Anyway if this is a dumb idea I understand, there are plenty of blog sites that do the same thing, I just know I would like to make a stab at it personally. And these kinds of things are good content for a website to have if it is going to succeed.

#2 IWishIWas

IWishIWas

Affable, responsible, but hard to be around

• Richard Simmons
  • 13,254 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

View Postspacedvest, on 01 March 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

Hello, I was wondering if there was anyone who would be interested in occassionally writing music reviews for the site? It could be old or new releases, and the only requirements that I would like to have is that the reviewer is passionate about music and they can write fairly well.

I could maybe do some and see if this is something that some other people would be interested in helping out with. Your work will be completely be your own, and BRY would stand behind your review.

Maybe if there is enough interest and enough people doing it, we could publish like one a week. Anyway if this is a dumb idea I understand, there are plenty of blog sites that do the same thing, I just know I would like to make a stab at it personally. And these kinds of things are good content for a website to have if it is going to succeed.

It's probably a dumb idea, but I'm absolutely in for contributing and would be in for doing some copy editing as well.

#3 gvntofly1021

gvntofly1021

Go Phils!!

• Richard Simmons
  • 14,018 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

I'm in.

#4 rival

rival

Where's My Chippy?

• Administrators
  • 7,198 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

I would like to write about music for BRY. I failed grade 12 English twice but I'd like to think I've come a long way since then.

#5 spacedvest

spacedvest

Spermomondalogo No More

• Administrators
  • 18,162 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

Wow that is awesome, guys....okay, maybe think about something you would like to review, or just get started on it whenever you feel like it and have the time. I am trying to get some things cleaned up and the main page restored, maybe this could be a new feature we implement soon.

#6 bear

bear

I smell of wine and cheap perfume

• Richard Simmons
  • 15,168 posts
  • Interests:I wash myself with a rag on a stick

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

Me write good.

#7 rival

rival

Where's My Chippy?

• Administrators
  • 7,198 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

View Postspacedvest, on 01 March 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

Wow that is awesome, guys....okay, maybe think about something you would like to review, or just get started on it whenever you feel like it and have the time. I am trying to get some things cleaned up and the main page restored, maybe this could be a new feature we implement soon.

Let me know when you start working on the concert database again...theres some items I'd like to change for data input purposes...

Did you know the PJ20 book credited BRY for tour info? I thought that was neat.

#8 spacedvest

spacedvest

Spermomondalogo No More

• Administrators
  • 18,162 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

View Postrival, on 01 March 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

Let me know when you start working on the concert database again...theres some items I'd like to change for data input purposes...

Me and you are going to overhaul and make the whole thing better and more user friendly. When we are done, people will be able to upload images to anything, and I am going to use AJAX more so that entering information into it will be much easier to do.

View Postrival, on 01 March 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

Did you know the PJ20 book credited BRY for tour info? I thought that was neat.

Really?!

#9 johnny99

johnny99

"#1 in the Hood G"

• Hoarder
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

I'd like to do this.  I'm probably better with older albums though--Stones, Beatles, Dylan etc......i could also post a guide to getting into a certain artist and what albums are must haves, what ones are better off avoided.....

#10 bear

bear

I smell of wine and cheap perfume

• Richard Simmons
  • 15,168 posts
  • Interests:I wash myself with a rag on a stick

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

Allen is this something that might expand to other media like movies, TV, or books?   I'd be interested in doing movies if so.

That is if you pay for tickets, popcorn, and hold me during the scary parts.

#11 nomorecrackpipes

nomorecrackpipes

Cripes

• Prophet
  • 6,954 posts
  • Interests:Unending projects.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

I'd be interested. This shit is bananas.

#12 mam1680

mam1680

Actually, I'm a preferred guest. It should be under Dean Mor

• Moderators
  • 18,255 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy sunset beach walks, long drives thru the countryside, and the smell of gasoline in the summertime!!!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

I'd be in.

#13 nanook599

nanook599

Lost in a haze of alcohol soft middle age

• God
  • 7,910 posts
  • Interests:Killing mud daubers.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

View Postjohnny99, on 01 March 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

I'd like to do this.  I'm probably better with older albums though--Stones, Beatles, Dylan etc......i could also post a guide to getting into a certain artist and what albums are must haves, what ones are better off avoided.....

Chris and I think alike.  This would be may wheelhouse as well, but then again I am old.

#14 nanook599

nanook599

Lost in a haze of alcohol soft middle age

• God
  • 7,910 posts
  • Interests:Killing mud daubers.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

No edit button?  I will never survive the rigors of BRY without one.

#15 rolub

rolub

better have my donuts

• Richard Simmons
  • 19,628 posts
  • Location:the sweet part of the city, the parts with the bars and restaurants
  • Interests:-being quiet on trips
    -clapping along
    -diabetes

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

I'd like to review BRY members and their worth to society.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users