• Please log in to reply
734 replies to this topic

#721 ttocs

ttocs

Elitist

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:46 PM

Did anyone get tickets for the shows next summer? I kind of think the new album sort of sucks. Worse than No Line and that was pretty ho-hum.

Got GA Chicago first night thru the presale, but no luck for second night. Sure wish you could have done two shows thru the fanclub.
What a process thru Ticketmaster general sales..  I think I had a shot at some $100 upper level seats, but otherwise nothing. Some $300 seats just showed up a bit ago, but that's stupid.

So...if anyone had 2 extra GA's for night two, my wife would love you long time..

#722 mav22erick

mav22erick

Bear

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:27 PM

I got tickets to NYC 7/18 and 7/19.  
7/18 tickets were via fan club pre sale and that was interesting to say the least.  Ticket prices were $70-$280 I think. First pair I pulled was 200 level at $350 a pair I think. I was shocked.  Seemed like all lower bowl via presale were held for VIP sales, which I did reluctantly. So much money for one show.  I haven't seen U2 in 14 years now and their ticket prices are the main reason.  I saw 8 PJ shows last fall for the amount I paid for two tickets to see U2 next July.  
The general sale today was a mess.  The time remaining would go 15 minutes, 5 minutes, 1 minute, less than 1 minute, then back to 15 minutes and bounce around every minute or so.  First pair I pulled was lower level on the end being RESOLD for $450/ticket.  Seriously. The general sale just started and the first pair I pulled was TM scalping their own tickets.  An hour later I got a pair of the $100 upper rows in the 200 section.  They may go to friends.  I would like to see both nights of their innocence/experience tour but the cost paid for night 1 makes me think I'll be ditching the night 2 for cost.

#723 mam1680

mam1680

Face For Radio

• Moderators
  • 18,425 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy sunset beach walks, long drives thru the countryside, and the smell of gasoline in the summertime!!!

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:17 AM

Anyone in the fan club or with a pre-sale code?

#724 rolub

rolub

better have my donuts

• Richard Simmons
  • 19,706 posts
  • Location:the sweet part of the city, the parts with the bars and restaurants
  • Interests:-being quiet on trips
    -clapping along
    -diabetes

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:51 AM

View Postmam1680, on 09 January 2017 - 07:17 AM, said:

Anyone in the fan club or with a pre-sale code?
damn, as soon as i saw the pittsburgh date in june i closed the tab thinking they weren't coming here.

do you think it's worth the 1-time $50 for pre-sale access?

#725 rolub

rolub

better have my donuts

• Richard Simmons
  • 19,706 posts
    -clapping along
    -diabetes

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:55 AM

What's the difference between God and Bono?

God doesn't go walking around like he's Bono.

lol

#726 ttocs

ttocs

Elitist

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:23 AM

View Postrolub, on 09 January 2017 - 08:55 AM, said:

lol

very nice.

Its worth paying the $50 in my opinion. I've had no problems getting GA tickets the last 3 tours for chicago by signing up for the fan club right after they announce dates. You're always the last day of presale offering, but always got GA.

I cant remember if you only get to pick one show to use the code or if you can do more. We're seeing if some friends living in Alaska want to meet us in LA or Seattle and then we'll do Chicago. Wish Mumford and Sons were doing the LA or Chicago show.
At any rate, if it can be used for multiple shows, I'll share.

#727 rolub

rolub

better have my donuts

• Richard Simmons
  • 19,706 posts
    -clapping along
    -diabetes

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:34 AM

View Postttocs, on 09 January 2017 - 09:23 AM, said:

lol

very nice.

Its worth paying the $50 in my opinion. I've had no problems getting GA tickets the last 3 tours for chicago by signing up for the fan club right after they announce dates. You're always the last day of presale offering, but always got GA.

I cant remember if you only get to pick one show to use the code or if you can do more. We're seeing if some friends living in Alaska want to meet us in LA or Seattle and then we'll do Chicago. Wish Mumford and Sons were doing the LA or Chicago show.
would have preferred Mumford & Sons or Lumineers for Cleveland; actually thought our opener was the boy band before i realized they're something different.  could go to Pittsburgh but would have to take 2 days off from work and pay for hotel; in Cleveland, show's on Saturday, so only expense is tickets and in-town transportation.

if the presale code is multi-use, let me know, and i'd be glad to chip you off a piece of the fanclub fee.

#728 johnny99

johnny99

"#1 in the Hood G"

• Hoarder
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:16 PM

View Postrolub, on 09 January 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

lol

very nice.

would have preferred Mumford & Sons or Lumineers for Cleveland; actually thought our opener was the boy band before i realized they're something different.  could go to Pittsburgh but would have to take 2 days off from work and pay for hotel; in Cleveland, show's on Saturday, so only expense is tickets and in-town transportation.

if the presale code is multi-use, let me know, and i'd be glad to chip you off a piece of the fanclub fee.

yeah, but I'm going to the Pittsburgh show

#729 rolub

rolub

better have my donuts

• Richard Simmons
  • 19,706 posts
    -clapping along
    -diabetes

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:27 PM

View Postjohnny99, on 09 January 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

View Postrolub, on 09 January 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

lol

very nice.

yeah, but I'm going to the Pittsburgh show
Posted Image

fyi, if you just sign up for a fanclub membership today, your presale is Thursday; "longtime" members begins Wednesday.

also, 4 ticket limit for the presale, and the codes are unique.

#730 nomorecrackpipes

nomorecrackpipes

Cripes

• Prophet
  • 7,052 posts
  • Interests:Unending projects.

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:16 AM

I hope U2 plays a great show - with or without you.

#731 ttocs

ttocs

Elitist

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:47 AM

The way this is going...its looking without me.
what the fuck. Was hoping i wasnt going to have to dedicate half a day for this shit.

#732 satan's bed

satan's bed

Geek

• Museum Curator
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:52 AM

Trying for rose bowl in an hour. Hoping I get seats closer than that part of Pasadena where the streets have no name.

#733 mam1680

mam1680

Face For Radio

• Moderators
  • 18,425 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy sunset beach walks, long drives thru the countryside, and the smell of gasoline in the summertime!!!

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:33 PM

Got GA for Cleveland. Gave my pre-sale password to a buddy along with my Cleveland Browns code... sold out.

#734 ttocs

ttocs

Elitist

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:50 PM

nice!
I ended up getting GA for chicago about 11:30. So that worked out. Pissed it took 2.5hrs of constant refreshing and trying to find the goddamn storefront, but whatever.
How the fuck are you supposed to outline a sign when on a phone? i failed that every time. Ticketmaster should work with the people that put those games in bars where you find the missing nipple. At least make it entertaining.

just checked and i could still pull GA's up for Chicago. Wonder if they'll add a second night?

#735 ttocs

ttocs

Elitist

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:30 AM

Kind of excited to see the show tomorrow night...hoping the weather isnt shitty. Sure wish we didnt have to drive 2.5hrs after the show, but whatever.

Looking forward to the start of Streets thru Running to Stand Still. What a start to an album. Kind of dies off after that for me.  Have heard the new song on Jimmy Kimmel and wasnt overly impressed. They sure dont make 'em like they used to, but that can be said for a lot of bands.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users